Hi, I’m Julie Sykes, founder of The Gap Year Edit and mildly adventurous traveller. I’ve travelled independently to more than 40 countries across six continents. This page is aimed at businesses and destinations that may be interested in working with me.
What The Gap Year Edit is all about
I aim to focus on my readers’ aspirations for experiencing something different than a two-week package holiday/vacation – whether that’s to travel independently, volunteer, learn new skills, or have once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
My aim is to hear my readers say, “I’m so glad I did it”,
instead of, “I wish I could, BUT … ”
What I write about
Independent travel, architecture, castles and ruins, city breaks, getting from A to B on public transport, day trips from cities, modern art, local crafts, textiles and artisans (my degree is this field), local food and drinks (wine and coffee in particular), hiking, the great outdoors (especially volcanoes), yoga, sport and fitness, volunteering.
The Gap Year Edit is read primarily by 25-54 year olds from Europe and the US with an interest in independent and mildly adventurous travels. They may be planning anything from an independent or alternative weekend away, a two-week or longer holiday (eg during the summer break for teachers) or even a full gap year. Some travel solo, others with a friend or as part of a couple.
Services I offer
I partner with and provide opinion on products, brands, services, destinations, websites and various other topics which are likely to be of interest to my readers.
I can help with:
- Creating paid-for and sponsored relevant content for this blog, or your own channel(s)
- Hosting paid-for and sponsored relevant content
- Creating paid-for or otherwise compensated content about a relevant product or service
- Non-commercial relevant guest posts
Content creation could include writing, photography or social media. I clearly identify such content as being paid or sponsored; and who has provided support. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
I’m not able to help with:
- Free content
- Almost all “please link to my article” requests – rest assured I will let you know if it is of interest 🙂
- Undisclosed content and do-follow links promoting commercial sites or products
- Content not relevant to my readers (eg family package holidays, gambling).
- Content that might present a conflict of interest, or which does not meet the standards of the General Data Protection Regulations or comply with my Privacy & Cookies policy.