This is the day my new life starts as I say goodbye to the corporate world. It’s my last week as an official bona-fide corporate employee – yay!!
Here’s what I’ll remember from my last few weeks in the office:
- Email deletion. It should be a new therapy. New expenses form – delete. Important new appointment of Head of Paperclips in a country far away – delete. Raffle prize in the canteen – delete, delete, delete. Sigh.
- The unexpected responses from unexpected people to my obviously witty leaving email. Humbling.
- The wonderful support from my team, their cards and words of thanks, and the lovely flowers and gifts they bought for me.
- The MD saying to me, “we’re just all gonna miss you.” He’s not fluffy. I nearly blubbed. Fortunately his phone rang to save us both the embarrassment.
- The glass of champagne that was waiting for me in the pub after my last day. Lovely fizz ☺
I didn’t feel sad, I didn’t feel regret. I did feel happy. And content that in saying goodbye to the corporate world (for now, at least) I’d made the right choice.
Here’s to family, friends and colleagues everywhere … cheers.